Main Purpose of Role:
To ensure all transport movements are organised and planned in a cost-effective manner, reaching their destinations safely, securely and on time.
- Organise the storage and distribution of goods, ensuring the correct products are delivered to the correct location on time and at a suitable cost
- Ensure H&S procedures are always followed
- Review haulage benchmarking to ensure costings are realistic Monitor all transport costings and product associate KPI's
- Ensure all shipments are costed on a weekly basis and distributed correctly to all hauliers
- Ensure all product is planned and any planning issues are advised to the wider team
- Ensure knowledge of the ERP system is up to date and training plans are followed
- Ensure all vehicles are planned according to the best possible price and haulage option
- Complete customer confirmations when planning, ensuring the delivery requirement is correct
- Improve journey times and connections, to tackle congestion and the lack of integration and connections in transport which impact on our high-level objectives for economic growth, social inclusion, integration and safety.
- Building relationships and improving customer service
- Ensure all export product is correctly planned and paperwork is provided quickly
- Ensure all paperwork is correct for loading teams
- Confirmation of all deliveries whilst planning and ensuring follow ups are complete
Skills & Attributes
- A logistical and systematic approach to work
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions
- IT literate
- A positive attitude towards continued learning
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as individually
Come and join the team?
To apply for this exciting opportunity please fill out the form and attach your CV.