Manufacturing Team Leader Assistant
Main Purpose of Role
To ensure that all orders are manufactured OTIF to the expected high standards, whilst also adhering to all Health and Safety policies.
Supporting the Team Leader in all KPI’s and data reporting to ensure this is completed accurately and on time.
Supporting the manufacturing process, being available to cover stations when called upon.
Skills and Attributes
- Ensure that all manufacturing quality is of the expected high standard, and the RDD’s are met, and all quality paperwork is adhered to.
- Continuously drive the team to maximise output
- Working with the TL, instil cultural change to embrace ongoing improvements and efficiencies.
- Minimise labour costs when possible whilst achieving manufacturing needs
- Work in conjunction with the TL to organise correct utilisation of manning within the business as a whole
- Ensure operator training is carried when needed and sign off completed on time.
- Continuously look to reduce the scrap levels
- Generate and implement initiatives that drive improvements
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained and work areas are clean and free of debris
- Working with the TL to ensure that the RAMS are explained and signed off by respective persons as required
- Working with the TL to ensure all data reports and KPI’s are completed to drive efficiencies.
- Conduct consumable stocks checks and make sure they are maintained
- Work closely with the TL to manage employees in relation to HR related activities i.e. holidays / absence / lateness
- To develop with the TL to conduct investigations and disciplinaries as and when required
- To be able to step into the TL position as cover when called upon.
- Any other reasonable tasks assigned by your manager / supervisor
- FLT licence preferable but not essential
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Previous RTW, investigations leadership skills advantageous
- Good IT skills, including experience of using Microsoft programmes and SAP
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience
- A positive attitude towards continuous improvement
- A willingness to be flexible regarding working hours
What you will receive from the Company
- A competitive salary package
- Up to 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Life insurance
- Annual profit share, up to 10%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career and development opportunities
- Free on-site car parking
- Free Tea and Coffee
- Free Uniform (Required roles only)
Join the team
To apply for this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org